Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Roasted Green Beans with Toasted Pine Nuts



This was the first time I had ever roasted green beans and OH MY, I will be doing it again. So good! Why have I been steaming them all this time when roasting gives them a slightly caramelized, smoky flavor? My 4 year old had about 4 helpings.

I put it over whole grain penne to make it a meal and topped with
Parmesan cheese. It would also be great as a side.

Ingredients:
1 lb green beans, trimmed
1/2 c diced onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 Tbsp olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste

Toasted Pine Nuts and 1/2 tsp lemon zest for topping

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425
2. Toss green beans, onions, garlic, olive oil and salt/pepper in a large bowl and transfer to a roasting pan (I used a large jelly roll/cookie sheet).
3. Roast ~10 min, or until tender and lightly browned.
4. Toss with pine nuts and lemon zest.

No comments: