Sunday, October 10, 2010

Budget Eating - 10/8 - 10/10

Friday
Wontons (from costco) in soup for the husband and me (sliced up green onions, red pepper and bok choy and simmered with the frozen wontons in chicken stock and water). I pan sauteed some wontons for the kids.

Saturday
I was inspired by this vegan version on Peas and Thank You. My version is not vegan. I used the whole wheat pretzel recipe from my bread maker manual and some frozen Coleman Organic hot dogs from Costco. My son, who would live on junk if I let him, ate the hot dog out. My daughter, who likes junk but also good stuff, ate only the bread. Jack Sprat, I tell you.

kids plate - yogurt dip, fruit, veggie, pretzel dog (on a stick!), cheese

my plate


Sunday
lunch - black bean and salsa quinoa 3 ways using some frozen black beans
Kids had the quinoa, some black bean nachos and a black bean and cheese quesadilla:
I had the quinoa atop greens with some crushed up tortilla chips and diced avocado:

Husband had quinoa with avocado, more salsa and tortilla chips:

Dinner
Out of a box for the kids - we love Annie! My daughter ate a couple of bites and then told me she wasn't really in the mood for mac & cheese. She ended up eating cucumbers, red peppers, pears, cashews and a boiled egg. Random, but healthy.
I had a green smoothie and husband had leftovers.

No comments: