Sunday, June 13, 2010

CSA - Week Five

YAY!! The tomatoes are bountiful this week!

Tomatoes - a lot, but I would have loved even more. The Husband and I canned salsa this afternoon - my first experience with home canning. Knowing all about C. bot and all has made me leery of home canning, but I feel pretty safe with high-acid foods.
Bell Peppers - We used the two green ones in the salsa. My 4 year old will eat the red one for breakfast the next few days. The girls loves red bell peppers.
Beets - Will juice it
Squash - Need something to do with the pumpkin like ones. I have a couple from the last couple of weeks still sitting around too. The zucchini will be shredded and eaten raw or baked into muffins. Or both.
Banana Peppers - put into today's salsa
Jalapenos - ditto
Okra - Husband made his special tomato sauce today to take for his lunches this week. He put the okra and a couple of bell peppers from last week into the batch. I won't touch it. Sorry dear.
Cucumber - The 4 year old and I will eat it tomorrow.

No comments: