Thursday, June 3, 2010

Zucchini Patties

Still working our way through the bountiful zucchini from our CSA box. I was looking for a main dish type recipe and found this Paula Deen recipe on food network.com. I modified a bit (didn't have any yellow squash) and made them last night. They are a bit labor intensive, but I really liked the flavor. The kids nibbled on them, but didn't love them. I ate them plain and husband mixed them into his pasta. As you can see from the photos, I served with whole wheat pasta and jarred tomato sauce and Roasted Green Beans.

Ingredients:
4 c shredded zucchini
1 c panko bread crumbs
1 c shredded Parmesan
1/4 c minced onion
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1.5 tsp Italian Seasoning
0.5 tsp salt
0.5 tsp black pepper
1/3 c butter
Directions
1. Shred zucchini and press between paper towels to remove extra water.
2. Combine zucchini through pepper and shape into 2 inch patties, pressing firmly. I also let them sit in the fridge for an hour to help them bind.
3. In a large non-stick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Cook patties 3-4 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned.
4. I put them on a wire rack to let the butter drip off, as to not let them get too soggy.


No comments: